Monday, January 5, 2009

This little piggy went wee wee wee back to ICU



Jami is going to kill me for saying this because she HATES the bipap machine with a passion, but I think it looks like a cute little pig nose. She considers it to be a torturous device that should not be used on living creatures. We (my family) have promised her that we will try this machine out when we get it home to see how wretched it is.

Now for the real reason for posting. Yesterday (Sunday the 4th) they moved Jami back to MICU. On Saturday they did a biopsy of the growths she has in her abdomen and we do know that one is a desmoid. The other one (or maybe two...who knows) may or may not be an abscess. The thing is, on Saturday they poked her and may or may not have drained a bunch of liquid off (we're getting conflicting information) and then a couple hours later Jami went pasty white and shaky. Then yesterday her blood pressure dropped back to 70's over 30's and she was fevering. They can't give her the blood pressure drip medication outside of ICU, so back down we went. We'll just say that Jami is not happy about the whole thing. She just wants to be home. When she was leaving ICU she cried because she loves the staff there and was nervous to move and now to move back she cried because she just wants to go home...poor thing. She's doing better and better every day still though. Even when her blood pressure was low she was playing Tetris and talking like there was nothing going on. Jami and I have a "friendly" "sisterly" competition going on between us right now with Tetris and we'll just say I'm slightly kicking her trash so she's been practicing hard. Yes, I know she's in the hospital and drugged up and such and so I shouldn't brag, but yah...I gotta take what I can get.

No comments: