Ok, here's the deal. You know how people always say they are going to start exercising tomorrow, or I'll eat healthy starting tomorrow. Ok, so maybe not everyone, but I certainly do. Then "tomorrow" comes and you decide not that tomorrow, but the next tomorrow. Well, that's the way it is with Jami going home. I've decided that people should just not look at the date that this was posted because tomorrow might be a week from now at this rate. We've been saying we're going home tomorrow for about 3 weeks now and as the James Bond movie almost states....Tomorrow never dies, but we're going to say that Tomorrow Never Comes. The plan was that yesterday Jami would go down to IR and have a new drain placed and then come home today. Well....IR was very busy and so she didn't make it in. She is in there as we speak (well...as I write) and she is getting her drain placed. The thing is, now they would like to evaluate her for the night to make sure everything goes ok. The last time they "evaluated her for the night" she went septic and we ended up back in ICU. Thus, I don't know when we are going home except to say "Tomorrow".
I will say that Jami is doing GREAT!!! Even the doctor yesterday threw the blanket over her belly and said "Wow! if we look at you from there and up you look normal" We are obviously not talking psychologically here because we all know that no one in my fam is "Normal" that way :)
Jami has been cracking me up! On Tuesday they placed her central line and did a biopsy of her growth so they had her on Dilaudid. She asked the nurse what it was as she was injecting it into Jami's line and Jami said "I like this stuff...It's A-OK" and she gave us a thumbs up and a cheesy smile.
If we do make it home "tomorrow" I'll make sure to post.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
lol! i love the "tomorrow" analogy! priceless!
well, while we are waiting for "tomorrow". i hope you enjoy today!
Post a Comment