Monday, June 1, 2009

Kinda Calm

I don't know if this is the calm before the storm or what is going on. Jami has just been trucking along though. She had a touch of a urine infection so they gave her an oral antibiotic. She's just been home chillin' and resting. I didn't go home this weekend because we poured concrete on Saturday (I have pictures) and now I'm in San Francisco for a JavaOne conference (it's a nerd fest).

On Saturday Trish, Jeff and my dad came down and we worked our butts off. We're putting in a 10x14 patio and it's a ton of work. Trish was a hoot!! Because it's in my little back area we couldn't drive a truck back there and it wasn't a big enough job to do the cement pump. Off to Lowe's we went and using a little motorized cement mixer we did 60 bags of concrete (mind you they are 80 lbs each...by the end I think they were at least 100 lbs each).

First there was some surfing.


Then they started riding the cart.


Dad kept working hard.


And here's the final product for this week.


I love it!! I'll post more when we finish :)

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

You guys are CRAZY!!!
I think you have been listening to Jami too much. Didn't you learn anything from my blog. Or maybe I should have had all you guys come do some work for me.

The Webb Family said...

What?? Jeff dawdling? NEVER. :)
It looks awesome..can't wait to see the end result.

Jennie said...

it looks great! and it looks like you had tons of fun too!

isn't it great to have "help"...

:)

Russ said...

Here is proof of who works and who goofs around. The picture that is missing is Julie's dirty face after working hard, she even worked up a sweat.