Jami had a doctors appointment on Friday and because my mom had graduation I took the day off and went to the appointment with Jami and my dad. Her appointment was at 10 and so I didn't sleep in (lol...I left my house by 9...oh so early...I know) and I of course stopped and got breakfast for the 3 of us at Burger King (so much for a diet). We wheeled Jami in and met with the pulmonary team. They took her blood gas and her CO2 was 68 (supposed to be below 40) and her hematocrit was 22 (supposed to be above 35ish). For Jami it's not horrible and she was really coherent so we weren't too worried. We left and went down to visit our friend Emily the nurse in her new office. Let me just say that Emily's office is big enough that we could fit Jami's huge wheelchair in there and even shut the door...I think she has arrived :) Pretty sad when you measure the size of a room by the size of a wheelchair you can fit in it, but when you have a water balloon baby sister (because of all of the water retention) like I do and she has a huge wheelchair you start to realize how small areas can be. While we were visiting Emily she got a call. It was actually Dr. Marcus (I can't spell his last name...lol...so sorry...so we will call him Dr. Marcus) from Dr. Mulvihills office calling to ask where Jami's file was (she's on binder number 3 in case you were wondering). He could only find binder number one and two...third binder's a charm I guess. On a side note, we are sad because Marcus is leaving the middle of June to go to Idaho to finish up. We wish him good luck!! We'll miss him! It's crazy how many people we've gotten to know.
Anyways, back to my story. While we were talking to Emily he called and we found out that Jami needed a blood transfusion. Rather than trying to squeeze into an opening at Huntsman we set it up so we could go to the new Tremonton hospital. Holy nice!! I hadn't seen it yet, and wow! It's awesome! We had to empty Jami's bags and such and so we wheeled her into the bathroom. My dad went in to the women's restroom...that's right...and I have proof! lol! We did make him put the seat down :)

They actually put her in a room (because it takes FOREVER!!) and we were there for the majority of the night. Oh, I do have to add that my mommy almost pushed me into a dumpster when I was being so nice and digging through looking for moving boxes for her...lol. We should have gotten pictures. I was leaning over the side and she was trying to hold me (she forgets that I'm not a small girl and if I went in she would have probably gone with me)
Here's Jami with her new mask for her bi-pap machine.

Here's my mom and dad looking really excited :)

1 comment:
Who is this Dr. Marcus and where in Idaho is he going? I'm sorry that I didn't get a chance to see y'all this weekend..too much to do and so little time. My kids and I decided that Logan is too much fun so we want to come visit at least once a month this summer. We found the coolest thrift store (Somebody's Attic) ..grandma says that Jami may have worked there while attending school...how awesome!
Post a Comment