Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Weekend Move for Jeff


Well, sadly I don't have any pictures of Jami from this weekend because we were moving Jeff most of the day. My parents now have a camera that works though and they will take pictures (I hope). I do have pictures of my mom's foot by the stairs at Cafe Sabor in Logan (lol...I posted one). It just isn't the same without a picture. I could have drew a picture of Jami in paint, but I'm too tired tonight. :) We left Jami alone for a couple of hours so we could get some pictures of the stairs at Cafe Sabor (and get food of course). Our neighbors are amazing and they are finishing so many things around the house for us. The next project they are working on are the stairs and we are working on making them similar to those at Cafe Sabor (hence the pictures). Jeff moved out of Cresthill apartments and into the basement of Rich's house in Providence. My mom and I stayed to help him pack and clean after lunch and my dad headed home. Just as my dad was in Dewyville Jami called and asked where he was. She then asked if he could put the petal to the metal because she had just popped her drainage bag and it squirted everywhere. Yes, this is a little bit yuck, but we've all dealt with Jami's...well...crap...for years so it's no biggie to us (love you Jami). My dad got home and helped her get cleaned up again. I must say that getting her cleaned up is getting so much easier. There are ladies from the ward that come and sit with her and help her exercise and she's in physical therapy again and wow...what a difference! She can actually lift her legs back up and into bed from the side now....yay! Plus, she's lost the 180 lbs or whatever ridiculous amount of water she had so she can kinda move again.

For the fun story of the day there was a puss pocket thing on her belly that finally popped today. I of course missed it, but I guess it was quite a site and stinky and it made Jami nauseous. I guess Jami was a little pasty white today. Even though she has many more good days than bad, she's still got to have a bad time here and there. Even her bad days are better than her old good days though. Can you believe it's been a year since we found out about Fred (the tumor). Yah, it's been a crazy year!

Thanks for all of your comments and love and support! Jami has actually been reading these and it helps knowing how much everyone cares. Love ya!!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

i am so glad that you all were able to help jeff get moved and settled! what a fun advenenture!

so glad that jami is doing well!

love love love this blog!