Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Paging Dr. Marilyn

So Jami actually did end up in the hospital. Stacey from Mulvahil's office called last night and said to get her down to the ER and they would put her in the Huntsman (4th floor). About 8:30 last night my parents rolled into the parking lot and we brought Jami into the ER. She was much more responsive than she has been in the past, but not as good as she was last week. We were in the ER until 2:30 AM today....yah, I know you're jealous. Jami was miserable because the bed she was in was mighty uncomfortable and she wasn't allowed to sleep because we needed to keep her blood pressure and oxygen levels up. When the nurse was looking her over she pointed out some puss on Jami's central line. We were going to call Marilyn (after all she is the central line expert) to see if she thought this was possibly infected. What do you think Marilyn?

Needless to say Jami is now in ICU and on heavy antibiotics. Her CO2 levels were high and the Bi-PAP wasn't getting them down so they are actually intubating her right now. Once her CO2 levels come down they will remove the central line. She does have pneumonia and that has made her lungs need to work extra hard, but she should be stabilizing soon with the intubation. They ran another CT last night and there are some questions as to if a couple of spots are desmoids or abscess, but they are getting the team from the huntsman to look at them now. I will keep posting as we hear more.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

I'm so sorry. I turned my pager off last night, I didn't realize I was on call.
I would say to admit her STAT, load her up on antibiotics, intubate her and change out that central ASAP.
And give her as much TLC as possible.
Marilyn

Julie Ann Grant said...

Ha Ha!! Marilyn you made my day! That s hilarious!!