We can tell Jami is starting to finally feel better because she's restless as all get out. She's pushing the nurses button so much that they listen for alarms, but just watch from a distance and make her wait a little longer. The infection is back under control and her breathing support is being turned down. She was at 28 when she first came in and she's down to 15 as of today. They need her to be down to 8 or 10 before they can pull it. It's amazing how sufficient oxygen and normal CO2 levels can help her think more clearly. She's more observant than my mom now. I was standing by the bed talking to her and she kept pointing to her gown. I thought she wanted me to lift up her gown and finally she was like "no" and she grabbed my hand and pulled me over, lifted up my sweater and pointed out that my zipper was down. Ok, so my mom and I ran out first thing this morning to go Christmas shopping and I needed to go to the restroom so at ShopKo at 9:15 ish I went and I'm sure it was down from then until about 2. We went all through ShopKo and Costco and then went to lunch in the cafeteria with me and my zipper down and my mom not noticing a thing. In her defense, I had on a long sweater, but still, my critically ill sister in ICU notices and my own mother doesn't. Jami, this is yet another reason why I need you. Love you Squeaks!
Saturday, December 20, 2008
She's bored...finally!!
We can tell Jami is starting to finally feel better because she's restless as all get out. She's pushing the nurses button so much that they listen for alarms, but just watch from a distance and make her wait a little longer. The infection is back under control and her breathing support is being turned down. She was at 28 when she first came in and she's down to 15 as of today. They need her to be down to 8 or 10 before they can pull it. It's amazing how sufficient oxygen and normal CO2 levels can help her think more clearly. She's more observant than my mom now. I was standing by the bed talking to her and she kept pointing to her gown. I thought she wanted me to lift up her gown and finally she was like "no" and she grabbed my hand and pulled me over, lifted up my sweater and pointed out that my zipper was down. Ok, so my mom and I ran out first thing this morning to go Christmas shopping and I needed to go to the restroom so at ShopKo at 9:15 ish I went and I'm sure it was down from then until about 2. We went all through ShopKo and Costco and then went to lunch in the cafeteria with me and my zipper down and my mom not noticing a thing. In her defense, I had on a long sweater, but still, my critically ill sister in ICU notices and my own mother doesn't. Jami, this is yet another reason why I need you. Love you Squeaks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i am so glad she is feeling better! you all have been in prayers this week!
Post a Comment