Monday, December 15, 2008

Ambulance ride...well, almost

Jami has been kinda sick and so my mom had stayed home just in case. The nurse comes on Mondays and when she checked Jami's blood pressure it was 80/40...not good. My mom tried to call her Dr at Hunstman, but hadn't heard back. They kept monitoring Jami and she started to get more delirious. They decided to call for an ambulance and so we had the sheriff come and then the ambulance. A few of the neighbors came down too because an ambulance in Elwood is not a common occurrence. The EMT checked Jami's blood sugar and it was 16....ouch! They gave her a glucose shot and she started perking up again. We check her blood sugar often so we're not sure why it dropped so fast, but she's doing better now and she's still home. If more happens I'll make sure to post it as soon as I can.

1 comment:

Melonie said...

Jami thank you for all the updates. I actually feel connected to the family and everything that is happening. I was shocked when I first heard about Jami so long ago. Now I can read how things are going each week. THANK YOU!!