Thursday, January 15, 2009

One, two...gonna radiate you!

So there has been some confusion as to how many tumors and or abscesses Jami really has. We have gotten confirmation that she has two desmoid tumors and that's it. They are about fist size and one is high in the fatty tissue in her abdomen and the other is a little deeper in and closer to her pelvis. They could actually start radiation as soon as tomorrow. She is going to have to do a 30 day course, but it shouldn't be as bad as the first time because her tumors are much smaller and they are better controlled this time. It looks like she is going to move in with me for the time that she's in radiation though. It's a good thing that I'm living in Salt Lake and too set in my ways to have roommates...lol! See...there are advantages to being ornery :)

They have the pump for Jami's abdomen and they have the bi-pap machine so tomorrow she is going to be released and head back to Tremonton for a couple of days. Then we'll get her moved down to Salt Lake to start radiation. She is so fun to talk to now (not that she wasn't before). I can't wait for everyone to see how great she's doing!! She is sooooo coherent and when she's awake it's hilarious (she's still not much of a morning person).

2 comments:

Jennie said...

ya for jami! good luck with radiation!

Marilyn said...

Wow Julie, you have become so poetic. Derrik sent me a poem this week also. I'll send it to you. You will like it. I'm getting hit by poets everywhere, but you are doing such a good job with it, I will not even try to keep up with you.
And thanks for all the updates. I am so proud of Jami and all her hard work to get better.