Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Long Time No Write

I've been slacking again...

I've been really busy with work and then I get home and play that silly game with Jami WAAAYYY too much! It's fun though because I feel like I'm at home with them. My parent's dogs bark at my dogs through the speaker and mine run around trying to find their dogs. Who could ask for more :)

Jami had a doctors appointment on Friday with Dr. Mulvihill and things are still going good. Our favorite nurse Emily is moving on to be a big wig at the university hospital and she will now have her own office and parking spot. We're so happy for her, but bummed too because she has helped us soooo much! We'll still pester her I'm sure, but she won't be our main contact anymore. The appointment went well though! Jami is still trucking along and is just as ornery as ever thanks to the Tamoxifen. The great news is the tumor along her back is gone...yay!! On May 22nd is the big appointment where she goes for the CT in the morning and then meets with Mulvihill in the afternoon to discuss the results.

Jami has a sleep study on April 24th. They have a hospital bed for her and my mom will be able to spend the night with her. You actually use different muscles to breathe when you're sleeping vs when you're awake so they need to get the machine adjusted properly. Hopefully this helps keep the CO2 off of her.

I didn't go home this weekend because on Saturday my mom came to me :D We love the Fablehaven books by Brandon Mull and the 4th book came out last week. He was at the Sandy Costco on Saturday signing books so my mom and I went. I think we were the only adults there without kids, but we're kids at heart so I guess that works. It was sooo much fun though! We had some really nice people standing next to us and so we talked to them while we waited. We get up to talk to Brandon Mull and he's all "Do you have any questions?" I seriously went "UUUUUHHHH" in my head and just looked at my mom like "help!" I didn't know there would be a quiz!?!?! Luckily my mom stepped in and was talking about how much she loves to read his books to her school kids and how they LOVE them. When he found out she was a teacher he signed an extra poster for her. How awesome is that! Anyways, he was really nice and my mom and I had a great day!!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

how cute is she!!! i haven't read any of the fable haven books, but i have heard great things about them!