Jami wasn't feeling too great so she slept most of the day (we'll revisit this in a minute). Jeff came home today too and so we all sat and watched conference (in the back room because Jami was still sleeping). Once that was done we needed something to do. We couldn't be loud because Jami didn't feel well, soooooo.....mom, Jeff and I went to Wal-Mart....woooohoooo!!! I drove some figure eights through some parked cars in the parking lot trying to find the perfect parking spot (don't worry...I fit right in), and then we wandered through the clearance picking out ALL sorts of beautiful things for Jeff (which he didn't want...ungrateful brother...) We bought Jami all sorts of Kool-Aid and then headed home.
Before we left Jami wanted my mom and I to slide her up in bed. We slid her up and she was raising her head back up and I was laughing because I thought we put her too high...oh no...she likes to be hanging off the top now I guess. I had to take a picture.
When we got home Jami was actually awake and up to us washing her hair. It's so weird to actually wash her hair and have to dry it. When she was really sick she lost a lot of her hair and what she did have was really unhealthy. When we'd wash it all we'd need to do is run the towel over it once and run a comb through it and it was dry. Now we actually have to get the blow dryer and it still takes a few minutes to dry.
The adopted grandkids came to visit too...yay!! Tyler and Jaxon were loving rides in Jami's wheelchair.
Josh was playing with Sophie
And Audrey was playing with Chloe
I have lots more pictures of the cute kids, but I'm restraining today :)
Later in the night Jami started going really white and her eyes were sunk in. We took her temp and it was 96.9 which is a bad sign...when her temp drops it's usually that she's going septic. She did have one temperature reading of 97.6, and her blood pressure was 90/57, but I think it was higher because she was upset and crying. I called the resident on call because Jami was crying and saying how she didn't want to go and my parents were trying to calm her down. It's hard because there was just a rotation in residents. The new set of residents haven't met Jami yet (they just started last week I think) so I called and was talking to him and essentially we came to the consensus that we'd hook Jami up to water and hydrate her and watch her temp for the night. If it dropped and stayed consistently in the 96 range, then we'd take her up town for blood cultures. I'm sure she'll be home for a couple of days, but heads up...looks like I'm going to be getting a visit from my family soon.

1 comment:
it sounds like you had a day full of adventure! good and bad! i sure hope jami is doing better!
you are such a good sister! :)
Post a Comment