Yesterday was both good and bad. Jami got a call from our neighbor asking if Audrey could talk to Jami. Audrey is the adopted grandchild that broke her arm and had to get a green cast because it's Jami's favorite color. I guess Audrey was glued to the window and they couldn't get her to leave. When they asked why she said that she heard sirens so she was waiting for the ambulance to go by with Jami. How sad, but yet cute is that! Jami told Audrey it was ok and that she was still home. Sheesh! I wonder if we've had the ambulance there one too many times.
Then last night we had a plan to log in to our game and play (I got an apple TV for Jami). When I called to see if they were going to log in my mom answered and sounded very upset and I could hear Jami sobbing in the background. I'm surprised this hasn't happened earlier actually, but I guess they bumped her catheter and pulled it out. For those of you who don't know (sorry...not trying to give out TMI here), but radiation really messed up Jami's bladder and she's SOOOOO sensitive now. The nurse came and put a new one in, but it was quite painful.
All in all things are still going well. She's still very fragile and yesterday the nurse called in a panic because Jami's potassium was so high. We're changing her TPN again (this after they just sent us 8 new bags...sheesh!)
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
ouch! poor girl!
Post a Comment