Sunday, March 1, 2009

Family Fun

On Friday Jami went to the doctor in the morning and even though the tamoxifen is making her terribly moody she is still doing better. Dr. Mulvihill asked her if she had been walking and Jami was soooo worried he was going to lecture her. She was crying and she said she can only walk maybe 2 feet and he kinda chuckled and said the bright side is it can only go up from here. The medication has made her cry easier and when she was crying in the office and rambling about how moody she is they were giving her tissues and just kinda smiling. Dr. Mulvihill did say it's nice to see her with emotion finally. For the longest time she's just been so glazed over when you try to talk to her. Now she focuses in and will actually talk to you. She has been sleeping a lot, but we're hoping once she keeps moving it will get better. She has her next appointment on May 22nd and she goes down in the morning for a CT scan first and then meets with the doctor that afternoon. Hopefully the new tumors are shrinking and then they can go in and get her intestines hooked back together.

Friday afternoon I actually went to Dr. Mulvihill's office, but this time I was with my cousin Rachel. She was having her follow up visit from her surgery. I will say that Rachel is a champ! She is doing amazing and the surgery she had was harsh. This latest surgery changed the way her plumbing works (again) and so the doctors actually drew up a road map of her insides. I don't have a road map of my insides. I think that office thinks our family is crazy. We go in and laugh and tease about things. We were trying to talk them into a family discount deal because the plan is for our aunt Marilyn to go to him if she ever needs surgery too. I figure there should be a punch card or something that's like buy 3 get one free. Rachel said we needed to compete with Jami and Mulvihill said no one should try to compete with Jami...lol...I guess it would take a lot to catch up to her and it's not worth it.

As far as our sibling rivalry with the game, it is continuing. I got my parent's wii online and mine is sort of there except certain things are being dumb. I of course am still playing more than I should to try to beat Jami, but it's been a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Rachel and Derrik said...

The map to your insides is posted in any GI doc's exam room. Generally it's slightly 3-D with all parts labeled. And it's so fancy it has all the organs colored correctly. My map is black and white and doesn't come in a 3-D version, so your map is better than mine, but mine is individualized (why can't I be happy with unique fingerprints??)